- Pre-heat the oven to 430°F or gas mark 7.
- Combine all the ingredients for the chicken wings (except the chicken) in a large bowl. Then add the chicken wings to the bowl and thoroughly coat them in the marinade. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave in the fridge for up to 1 hour, ideally overnight.
- Remove the chicken wings from the fridge at least 30 mins before cooking and then place on a baking sheet. Bake the chicken wings for 30 minutes, turning once half way through to make sure they are evenly cooked.
- While the chicken wings are cooking, make the Cashel Blue Aioli by and placing the egg yolks in a bowl, along with the teaspoon of Dijon mustard. Lightly whisk the egg yolks and mustard together and then slowly pour in the vegetable oil and olive oil – you can combine both oils into a jug to make it easier to pour. This will make the mixture become thick and creamy like mayonnaise. Lastly, stir in the crushed garlic and crumbled Cashel Blue cheese then season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Once the chicken wings are cooked, remove from the oven and serve with the Cashel Blue Aioli on the side for dipping.
- Meal type: starters
- Product: Cashel Blue Cheese
- Serves: 6-8